Thursday, July 9, 2009

Crazy Horse Carmen!



Last night I was lucky enough to go and see Carmen Electra's one week stint at the Crazy Horse Paris. I had heard the show was good but I was BLOWN away. Keep in mind this show originated in Paris in the 1930's (I believe) and thus is very risque, european and very naked. When I was in Paris and went to see the Moulin Rouge I was honestly dissapointed, but Crazy Horse (even the Las Vegas Version) did not dissapoint. The women were stunning and the show opens with a duet of girls on a spinning neon circle en pointe and continues through dance numbers both dark and sexy to light, humourous and funny. The women are all french, there are no americans in the cast and the talent level and technique of the dancers blew me away. In Between each act the curtain close to delicious french music and one lead dancer comes out and uses her body to tell you the next story, then the lights go out and the title of the dance is lit on the front curtain...It is hard to explain but I literally felt like it was 1930, I was in Paris and all I could think was Oui, Oui, Oui!

Carmen was amazing. She is sexy, talented and really bendy! I thought for only her second show she did a really great job. I got to meet her backstage and she was tiny, cute, humble and talked about being perfectionist and how she thought she could improve her performance. I love that. A girl after my own heart, never satisfied. You might not know this but Carmen Electra was one of the orginal pussycat dolls back in the day at the Viper room in LA. Back when the PCD were just this really cool caberet show and stars like Gwen+ Christina used to show up and front the show. Very cool. Carmen got her start as a backup dancer for PRINCE and then went on to star in baywatch ect. I think its hella cool that she has made it back to her roots and is doing a dance show.

Tonight is my last show before I take a weeks vacation from peep and get the heck out of Vegas. I am heading to NYC to spend some time with one of my bests that is going through a rough patch and then off to Indy to teach the Sugar and Bruno summer school and do all the press + photos for my line! The samples are to arrive today and I am waiting not-so-patiently by the door for the ups man to arrive with them! I am going to be shooting new ads with Lacey Schwimmer and Chelsie Hightower and it is all so exciting I could scream, I fooled someone out there into thinking I am cool! Rock on!

Also: I cannot believe the overwhelming response to my Mantra cuffs. If you still need to order yours please visit www.keltiecolleendance.com.