Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tell you that I wanna go, but I wanna stay.



I must once again clap my hands (perhaps even a thunderclap) at my friend Stacey Tookey. It has turned out that everything amazing this season on SYTYCD is from her. This brought tears to my eyes tonight, and it actually amazes me that such brilliance can come from such a calm, caring, sweet grounded person. Most of the time, the best artists are nutcases and everyone put up with them because they are so talented. Stacey is both talented and sweet. I could gush forever...

Thanks so much for the response to the last blog. I cried my eyes out most of the day and the stories of your sweet puppies and kitties helped warm my heart. As usual I most likely said way too much but life is a story and this is the place I get to tell mine. Thank you for joining me.

Some exciting news on my front: Sabre (So you think you can dances season 3 winner) was spotted rocking my peace.love.dance tshirt at the HUGE dance summit fashion show in NYC this weekend. It was choreographed by Mandy Moore and I am so honored that one of my pieces made it! Also got a call from the Peepshow Documentary crew and looks like the show might air this fall, so that is fun. Also, many of my Rockette friends stopped by the Sugar and Bruno booth at the Pulse in NYC this weekend to pick up some stuff! So cool! I would have loved to take Brian's class. Word on the street is that all my items are now on backorder off the website which is both AMAZING and sad. Hopefully they will be up as soon as possible again. We are looking into doing some sort of give away of Chelsie + My line with some sort of video contest in the near future. That girl is getting ready for another insane season of DWTS so it is a little hard to keep in touch! Is anyone out at Ihollywood in LA this week? Please give Tokyo the biggest bear hug ever. Love that dude.

In other news: I am still on team brandon. Big time.

One more thing. Angel said to me once "girl, if you don't have haters you ain't shit". I certainly have my share. I realize I am not perfect. None of us are, but instead of throwing around words of hurt let's all just tell our stories and grow and collect and dream. There is something to be learned from everything. I wish I had bones in my body for hate and jealousy. I just don't. I never get jealous. Not my style. My good friend Shu-shu (who ALSO happens to be my Rockette roomie this season) said it best. "Sometimes people lash out at everything they are scared to be." So I say this: There is room on this planet for us all to stand together, unite and support eachother. When I meet someone who has something I want it inspires me to work my butt off. When someone does something mean to me it inspires me to not make that same mistake and inflict hurt on anyone else. When I find myself on the verge of knocking someone down because it might make me feel better, I think about how much I could learn if I only stopped to watch them instead. What has happened has happened. I am free to report that. But our reactions and actions to the what the universe puts in front of us is what matters. Sometimes my reactions are lame and generally immature, but other times I surprise myself with my strength. My only goal is to work towards more of these "surprises" and less of these "lames". I am not there yet. I might never be. But the journey, man, this is all so amazing to live through. Thank you for reading, responding and inspiring me each and everyday.

In the words of Sarah Jessica Parker in the greatest dance movie of all time, Girls Just Want to Have fun

"Not everyone needs to warm-up"

she responds:
"YES, THEY DO."